This recipe is a great start of the day for everyone, except for those with a nut allergy;)
It’s gluten free, lactose free, egg free, vegan, wheat free and rich in good essential fatty acids, but what is more: super satisfying and tasty.
People with a sweet tooth also really like this one, so try it i’d say!
Almond Pudding or Mandelade
Ingredients for 1 portion:
- 30g raw almonds, unpeeled
- 20g sunflower seeds
- 1 portion fruit (I like using 3 dried apricots or 3 prunes, or 1 fresh apple)
- 1 tsp cinnamon powder
- Soak the almonds and sunflower seeds overnight in water.
- Discard the water; place the soaked nuts and seeds in a tall recipient or blender.
- Add your fruit of choice and the cinnamon..
- Using a hand-held stick or normal blender, blend until smooth.
- Double up the recipe, saving one portion – refrigerated and covered in plastic wrap – for the next day.
- Add a dash of turmeric (‟curcuma”) for added health benefits.