Whenever I go to Israel, i probably have this for breakfast, lunch and dinner, it is soo good.
I always made my own type which i thought was already pretty good (if i a may say so), but since i became friends with Danna from Miso Cute Cooking, she taught me this recipe below in one of her cooking courses. This recipe for hommous has since then been my overall favourite and the goodness level increased to the level of awesomeness!
Why it is my favourite is very easy to explain:
- Extremely easy and quick to make, also in larger batches
- Good source of plant protein because of the chickpeas
- Suitable for vegans and vegetarians
- Great to take along when you are on the go
- metabolic balance approved phase 3!
- The taste is sooo good
- Great for parties
It’s easy to take along to your office or while on the go. Just add some raw vegetable sticks and some rye crackers and you’re done! Enjoy and let me know what you think of it!
Hommous by Danna (MB3)
Prep 5 min Total 5 min
Yield: 2 portions
- 1 can chickpeas rinsed, but catch the original chickpea water
- 2 tbsp Tahini Sesame paste
- 2 tbsp sunflower oil or canola oil organic!
- 1 clove garlic
- 1⁄4 tsp sea salt
- 1 tbsp chickpea water of meer, hangt van de substantie af
- 4 tbsp lemon juice
- 1⁄8 tsp Cayenne pepper
- 1⁄2 bunch flat leaved parsley
1. rinse the chickpeas but keep the original chickpea water from the can.
2. Put garlic, lemon juice, sea salt, tahini in the blender or kitchen machine first. Mix until you get a smooth consistency.
3. At the end add the chickpeas slowly. And after that you add the oils.
4. You can add the flat leaved parsley on top.
Wonderful on your cracker or as a dip with cucumber, carrot, kohlrabi or paprika/capsicum.
This is a great item to take to work and make in advance. If you want to make a few portions, it is probably better to leave out the lemon juice and add it at the very latest, because if you add it and keep it in the fridge till use, your hommous may taste bitter. So you can add all ingredients and keep it refrigerated and when you use it, simply add the lemon juice and mix well.