Pork Tenderloin with Lemon Crust and Roasted Vegetables
1kg potatoes (festkochend)
5 tbsp. olive oil
2 tbsp. cumin seeds
4 tsp sea salt
525g pork tenderloin (at room temperature)
½ tbsp. lemon pepper or black peppercorns
- Preheat the oven on 180°C.
- Clean the parsnips and carrots, and cut into halves, length-wise.
- Clean the potatoes, cutting them into 4 wedges each.
- Mix the cut vegetables with 3 tbsp. olive oil, half of the sea salt, and all the cumin.
- Spread the seasoned mix over 2 baking paper-lined baking trays.
- Roast vegetables for ca. 60 minutes, turning them over at 30 minutes.
- While the vegetables are roasting, glaze the pork tenderloin with 1 tbsp. olive oil.
- Mix the rest of the sea salt with the crushed (lemon or black) peppercorns.
- Roll the meat into the mix, making sure to cover the outside of it completely.
- Heat a pan with 1 tbsp. olive oil. Sear the meat on all sides, 5 minutes, until light brown.
- Transfer the meat from the stove-top pan to the baking tray in the oven.
- Bake for ca. 35 minutes in the middle of the oven.
- Remove meat from the oven, tent it (cover it) with foil, letting it rest for 15 minutes.
- When ready to serve, cut wide pork slices and serve with the roasted vegetables.
You can of course also use meat or lamb for this dish or a whole chicken!